REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
The Walk Against Rape is a 2.2 mile march through the Mission District of San Francisco. In the months leading up to the event, participants are invited to raise funds and awareness in support of services for survivors of rape and sexual assault.
All proceeds will benefit San Francisco Women Against Rape. SFWAR, San Francisco's only community based rape crisis center, provides resources, support, advocacy and education to strengthen the work of all individuals, and communities in San Francisco that are responding to, healing from, and struggling to end sexual violence. At SFWAR, we believe that no single individual, organization, foundation, or business alone can stop the epidemic of sexual assault, but by responding as a whole community, we each bring our piece of the solution. We believe that education and community grassroots organizing are key tools to end sexual violence in our society.
Sexual violence touches all of our lives, Walk Against Rape is the chance to say NO! to sexual violence in our communities. March with us as we speak out against sexual violence and rape. Let's make our voices and stories known!
Walk Against Rape aims to:
- Raise awareness in San Francisco around issues of sexual violence.
- Educate communities about services for survivors of rape and sexual assault and programs designed to educate and work toward an end to sexual violence.
- Raise money for San Francisco's only community based rape crisis center.
- Create community and provide a space for survivors of sexual violence to heal and celebrate their survival.
- Make visible what has historically been silenced and invisible.
Visit Day-Of Logistics for more information
SFWAR supports and prioritizes the participation of communities most impacted by violence including those who are marginally housed or homeless; Latina immigrant women; formerly incarcerated women; young women, LGTBQI people/people of color; and people with disabilities.
Are you unable to make the event but want to donate? Click here